Monday, 16 May 2011

The Best of Saturday's Yard Sales



This is what I wore on Saturday. We went to a bunch of yard sales, which was a lot of fun. You just never know what you might find, you get to meet interesting people, and the prices are always more than reasonable. I got these vintage Tarot cards for $3...



...and a pair of bright red Converse for $1.



I also found some cool jewelry. At first I thought this huge enameled gold-tone necklace might be too much, but it has a great Egyptian-Revival-meets-Art-Deco feel to it and it looks surprisingly good on.



The same lady sold me the silver-tone hoop earrings, a cuff and a lonely brass earring...


...as well as these two pairs of cowboy-themed earrings.



She only asked $2.50 for all of the jewelry, but we paid her $5. I figured that the necklace alone would be worth that much.


I am wearing a tank top from Target, a second hand silk wrap-blouse and Gap jeans. Lynn made the necklace, the earrings are from an art co-op in Owego, and the vintage cowboy boots are from Etsy.


Illusia and Masa enjoy a ray of sunlight.


8 comments:

Sal said...

The wrap blouse is utterly lovely. And such great scores from the weekend jaunt!

Angela said...

What a wonderful haul. I envy you the jewelry. Quite by coincidence, I'm currently writing a post (posts--there's so much to cover) about vide greniers (attic emptyings in our part of France. Re: clothes. I've recently discovered a two-euro friperie (secondhand finds) at our local market.

Anonymous said...

...AND Illusia and Masa are from Finland!!! Finland kitties rule!!!! :) CR

Gracey said...

I'm glad you got that blue necklace - I bet it really does look quite good on.

I'm wearing some flares today and I thought of you!

gina said...

Great finds! I picked up similar red converse shoes at a thrift store and I get a lot of wear out of them.

Shey said...

Those chucks were a great find! I can't believe you got them for so cheap, my sister and my mom love garage sales, I tend to stick to thrift stores, flea markets, and estate sales, garage and yard sales are not my thing, well I do like going to them but I hate the driving part, I hate being in the car for so long and then not finding anything I like. However, on the few times I've been to them I must say I was pretty lucky. You look very lovely Waves, and your cats are so cute. =D

Miss Marie said...

The blue necklace is amazing! I bet it would look beautiful as a statement piece with an otherwise really pared down outfit.

Charlotte said...

You had a fruitful pillage at the yard sale, Waves! Beautiful treasures, every one...including the cats. Illusia is a very good name for a cat. Another good name is Perturbia.

I like the redesign of your blog!