Thursday, 16 June 2011

Finland bye-bye / Back in the USA

These are, I think, the last pictures from my trip to Finland. I've been back in the US since Saturday, but as always, it has taken a while for things to get back to normal.

On my second-to-last day in Helsinki, I grabbed a portion of fried vendace at Hakaniemi market.

I also went to the beach with Minni and her kids. This is Aivi, running into the freakishly cold sea. I don't know how kids do it.

And this is what I am wearing today. I bought the top last year at a flea market, the jeans are from Gap. Chris got me the copper pendant and the bracelet from a yard sale while I was away.

The weather this spring and early summer has been very challenging on this side of the Atlantic. It has been colder and a lot rainier than usual, and my gardening project has got into a very rough start. After having come home to bolted radishes and lots of unsuccessful germination, the sight of healthy, perky peas was more than welcome.

Thank you so much, all of you, who have been leaving comments and visiting No Signposts in the Sea while I was in Finland. I haven't had the time to respond to comments or visit anyone's blog in almost a month. I promise that I will get my act together very soon!

6 comments:

Shey said...

I'm so glad you are back, those fried fish(?) look good, it reminds me of the market in Mexico where they sell all sorts of food including fried fish, I still remember the smell of the frying fish as I walked by, even though it's been many years. You look lovely as always, I love those sandals in the first outfit.

Terri said...

Yeah for hardy peas! I'm glad you're back, but please tell me what vendace might be.

Teeny said...

Good luck with your peas! Fresh peas are the best! Your husband chose well with the copper necklace, i like it too. And your flea market top. Glad you're back!

Northmoon said...

Love that pendant, what a great husband to get that for you.

Katarzyna said...

Have to admit, love your haircut now, it looks so much better! Not to say, by no means, that you looked bad in the last one, but somehow you (or your hairdresser) find a way to emulate your look every single time.
Good to see you back in the USA and looking forward to your posts. :)
Katya

The Waves said...

Hi all, it's good to be back! Thank you for all of your comments.

Terri, vendace is indeed a fish! It belongs to the salmon family, but it's very tiny (and delicious). And yes, this might be gross to some of you, but vendace are fried as-is, meaning that the bones, the guts, the heads are all in there. :)