Friday, 15 July 2011

Airy, light & easy

The weather has been beautiful for the past couple of days - not too hot, a little breezy. Yesterday I felt like I wanted to wear something airy, whimsical and easy. (Oh, the things you can achieve with a semi-romantic/goth 1990s skirt and an ill-fitting wrap top!)

I wore this for dinner with my friend Sharon. We talked about mind-over-body questions, language and perfectionism - two hours just flew by. Later Chris and I went to a bookstore and I got my hands on the store kitty (yes, the bookstore has a kitty - what else could you possible hope for, right?) as well as a new book on the history of popes.


The jewelry is by Michael Michaud, the shoes are by Steve Madden, and everything else is second hand.

5 comments:

Biba said...

I love Michael Michaud's jewellery! I have his 'Raspberry' earrings and they're my favourites. They look like the real thing!

Carolyn said...

That sounds like a perfectly lovely way to spend the day... and your skirt is beautiful! I'm a real sucker for anything lace as well as for lace-up shoes, and they look adorable together!

see you there! said...

Great look, somewhat romantic and almost fragile. I think a long white skirt is essential for summer and paired with different tops never goes out of style.

Darla

metscan said...

You are light as a feather ( I have a bit of envy over here )!
But I remember reading that you have had a model career too, which makes it understandable.

Terri said...

The jewelry is absolutely beautiful.