Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Last minute changes


As I am typing this, my left arm is almost limp due to a tetanus shot. Ugh. Anyway. I wore this today. Actually, I was going to wear this:


I thrifted two cool vests in Finland last month. The one above was sort of pricey for second hand, but I bought it anyway - the brass beading just seemed too wonderful to pass. I was going to wear it today, took an outfit picture, and then some of the beading decided to come apart, just as I was about to leave the house. I didn't have time to figure out a whole new outfit, so I grabbed the other vest, and threw some jewelry into the mix.


In the end I liked this outfit much better. It's happier, more alive. It's funny how that goes sometimes: last minute changes can make the outfit.

I am wearing an Old Navy tank top, a second hand vest, a skirt from H&M, and second hand jewelry.

5 comments:

Teeny said...

very pretty waves!

Terri said...

Oh, I love the last minute change. Both of those vests look to be most excellent finds.

Carolyn said...

I think your new vests are both fabulous! I hope yu manage to fix up the other one OK!
I read your post yesterday and didn't comment straight away because I was struggling to formulate my own thoughts. I don't think you should feel too guilty about your purchasing choices; you choose thrift shopping a lot, and that is the most eco-friendly option of all. We all need to wear something, and unfortunately ANYthing in one's wardrobe is going to have had some environmental impact. I don't know what can be done with the guilt, but I think you should feel happy that you are far more eco-conscious than most people!

Sal said...

Both vests are stellar! I adore the second, more colorful one, of course.

Shey said...

I love those vests, they are definitely a good find Waves,and the way you put them into an outfit, it looks so bohemian. =)