Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Summer of maxi

I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing easier to wear in the summertime than maxi-dresses (even if most ankle-lengths aren't actually all that maxi on me). They are comfortable, breezy and sort of stylish, too. They look good with really simple accessories, so getting dressed in the morning takes no time whatsoever. Just add a pair of flats, a belt and some jewelry, and you are good to go.


I wore this paisley print dress on Sunday, and the hot pink one on Saturday. I don't know why I felt the need to layer a little with the pink dress - now in hindsight I wish I had just belted it. Oh well, there is always next time!

I got many compliments for my sea urchin necklace. I bought it at a craft fair in Ithaca last year.


5 comments:

Gracey said...

I like the layered pink a lot. I think it'll look super just belted as well, but the layers are more interesting, at least for me. And that sea urchin necklace? SWOON.

Terri said...

I like the print on the blue one and the sea urchins. In fact, I like most jewelry made from organic things and shapes.

Carolyn said...

Bothe those outfits look cool and effortlessly elegant. And I can see why you get so many compliments for that lovely necklace! :)

RK said...

You know, as a short person I was never sold on maxis, but I have to say I feel tempted to try one after seeing so many people wear it. They do seem quite easy to wear!

Thanks for linking to my post earlier by the way. I'm humbled to think that it made people think.

Northmoon said...

Your blue maxi looks very stylish, love the pattern, love the length.

As a short person, perhaps I need to shorten my attempt at a maxi to this ankle length - to my eye it looks better than full floor length.