Friday, 3 February 2012

Not much of a winter outfit

It doesn't really feel like winter. We haven't seen much snow this year, and earlier this week the temperatures hovered around the mid-50s. It is colder today, but nothing that would stop me from wearing my beloved silvertone KGs.
After I saw how the pictures turned out, I thought that a pair of black, high-heeled boots would have looked good with the skirt. Then again, I don't really wear heels much these days. Flats are just so much more comfortable.

I'm wearing a thrifted men's sweater and a dress by Corey & Co. The necklace is thrifted also.

8 comments:

Sunjo said...

I've gotten really into flats lately myself. I have a ton of heels and just never wear them b/c I walk so slowly. In the city everyone is moving quickly and my feet just can't take it! I end up carrying the heels to work in a bag when I do wear em. Your necklace is cool, I've been liking long ones too.

Megan said...

I think you look awesome. Love the silvery shoes.

Carolyn said...

I think your winter outfit is gorgeous. Love that big linen skirt.
I wonder if we are seeing the effects of global warming? In Australia we had a dry winter, and our summer is just as hot as it has always been :D

Terri said...

This outfit just looks so comfortable. I like how the stripes on the dress go both ways. And I like the sneakers with the tights. The warmth we've had this winter actually has me a bit worried.

Teeny said...

yes, i've been thinking about my own shoes this past week. my lifestyle is too active with my kids for me to wear heels. i've also stored half of my wardrobe away ....to see how much i miss it if at all. Getting the nagging feeling that i really don't even want to wear more than a few things anyway. (but i have a secret. i like having those things). i read Carolyn's comment and can't help but mention that the Australian state of Queensland has had flooding both this Summer and last Summer (which was basically unheard of before)- i'd say climate change for sure.

Chandra MoMoMod said...

I wish I could find comfy flats. I have flat feet and flat shoes KILL.

SIGH.

Chandra
More Modern Modesty

Cora said...

I used to read and love your blog, sans commenting. I just realized you are back, and I'm glad you do.

Eyeliah said...

agreed! no more heels :p