Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Oh, Chris, you son of a gun


The sun is out, the heat is on, and here are some of my attempts to a) enjoy the weather, b) not get sun-burned, and c) add a little colour to my rather lame black-and-navy-and-blue pieces of clothing that have dominated my look recently. 


Chris is making it very difficult for me to only acquire twelve pieces of clothing this year. Take the blue loafers, for instance. I've been rambling on and on about loafers - not just here in the blog, but at home, too. Chris happened to remember that I had been taken by a particular pair of blue loafers at the Fluevog site way back last year. (Yes, he's the kind of guy who remembers things like that.) Chris took the initiative and bought the loafers for me without consulting me, and of course, they are wonderful and very comfortable, and I am very happy with them. My twelve-item-plan didn't exactly have space for them though, and to make things more complicated, Chris confessed that he had bought some men's shirts for me as well. (He "felt bad" that I've been frustrated with the contents of my wardrobe.)

In case you've ever wondered if husbands come too kind or too generous, the answer is yes. Chris spoils me rotten. I couldn't possibly be angry or upset about that though. I guess I'll keep a separate tally on things that I have bought, and things that Chris has bought for me...  

10 comments:

Megan said...

Great husbands buy Fluevogs. =)

Shey said...

hehehe oh Chris is amazing, not every guy remembers those things! I'm so glad he's spoiling you in such a wonderful way. I love the simplicity of both outfits, in the first one the pop of red from the shoes and in the second one the boyish inspired outfit with red pants? beautiful! Keep up the good work with the 12 shopping items, I've been doing good too in the shopping area, I haven't bought anything so far that I have regretted, I think it's because I have thought about shopping more carefully than before when I used to do it out of impulse. I have also donated bags and bags of clothes to Goodwill and that has made me realize how wasteful I have been with my money. Anyway, you look beautiful!

ElleC said...

I don't think you should count gifts as part of your 12 items, especially if Fluevogs are involved. No way.

What a sweet husband.

Carolyn said...

What a sweet husband to buy you such awesome gifts! And maybe not count the gifts in the 12 items.... :)
I've been really enjoying your articles on menswear, and I had forgotten that fact about the name for button-down shirts... and had been using it incorrectly myself too; thank you for enlightening me!

Madeline Quaint said...

First of all, your pictures look great this big! :)

Secondly, definitely don't count presents into your 12 items, you don't need to be too hard on yourself. :)

Lovely loafers, really nice colour! What an amazing husband. :)

Franca said...

That is quite amazingly lovely, and i don';t think you should count them!

Anonymous said...

To everyone: THANK YOU!!! First for agreeing that gifts should not count towards 'The Twelve' (it has been quite a struggle, working on this point with Waves)...and also for the nice praise!! Waves is VERY easy to spoil!! She's marvelous!!!! :) CR

Jess said...

I'm keeping a close track of my purchases this year (although I don't really have a goal or a maximum number I'm trying to stay under - hmm, maybe I should rethink that) and I have to say I also haven't been counting anything that my partner (also called Chris!) buys for me. He bought me an amazing pair of Paul Smith trousers for my birthday and I didn't feel the need to add those to my list.

Those Fluevogs are amazing. I've been on the hunt for a beautiful pair of loafers for so long but things have conspired against me. The most limiting factor is that I don't want to buy shoes online, because I've never had an online shoe purchase work out (damn my difficult-to-fit feet!). Add to that the fact that I live in a city that doesn't have a lot of options when it comes to quality footwear and here I am, loaferless and having to make do with collecting photos off the internet of loafers that I wish I could own, haha.

Terri said...

I love the new shoes, especially with the red britches. I think you may be on to something. If women long for menswear...it is something our partners believe they know how to buy. Hmmm.

Sunjo said...

I like the big pics too! And any presents you get in the year do not count towards your number. That would be totally unreasonable, in my opinion :)