Thursday, 12 July 2012

More summer movies


I wore this to the movies yesterday. Chris and I went to see The Amazing Spider-Man. I liked Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man better than Tobey Maguire in the previous Spider-Man movies, but sadly I didn't think much of the film. I feel that Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight movies have been so wonderful that most superhero flicks now seem... a little lame and predictable in comparison. Well, at least The Amazing Spider-Man could have been much worse. It just wasn't very good.



We also saw Woody Allen's To Rome with Love last week. I loved Midnight in Paris last year so I was hopeful about Rome. But boy was I in for a disappointment. The film was just all over the place. Even the actors seemed to be completely lost in the random, disengaging story lines. I guess it should be expected that with Allen doing one movie a year, there will be hits and there will be misses! 


I'm wearing a second hand top (flea market) and a second hand Marimekko linen knit skirt, with Steve Madden flats.

2 comments:

Shey said...

We saw Spider-Man last week and I also liked the new guy, I thought I wasn't going to like him as Spiderman but I was wrong, he did a good job, the movie was okay, I wasn't impressed either but it was entertaining for the most part. The fabric from your skirts looks so soft, and if it's linen blend then it's perfect for the Summer weather. =)

Milla said...

Hahah. I'm so behind I just watched spiderman 2 last night, and frankly mostly with my finger on the fast-forward button. The dialogue is just too predictable. I guess I'm just a curmudgeon.

I'm loving all these outfit posts, they're so classic and sweet and fresh. You look like someone from Saaristo in the early 50s. Love it.