Tuesday, 7 August 2012

The best dress


Clothes don't get much more comfortable than this Marimekko dress. It's made of excellent quality cotton, the cut is simple and easy (the neckline in particular is perfect), the pockets are practical, and the colours are fresh. The side slit is fun. It's clothes like these that make me wonder about some of the other pieces of clothing I have in my wardrobe. Every single piece I own should be like this one: the kind you want to wear every day.





Dress: second hand Marimekko, belt: my mom's old, shoes: some old online purchase.

5 comments:

Milla said...

Awesome! One of my long-term (frivolous) life goals is to own a Marimekko frock. I kind of want to buy Ilonen Takki in a kid size and wear that. That dress is fabulous on you.

Good moving luck and karma ;)

Zuba said...

like the dress, like the stripes :))

Shey said...

What a pretty dress and the fabric looks very soft from the detail shots. =)

Hippocampe said...

I had the idea Marimekko made shapeless garments with childish wacky prints. Obviously, I was wrong.
Your life-out-of-a-suitcase experiment has been very successful so far. As a non-minimalist you certainly make a strong case for minimalism :)

jroselkim said...

Your dress seems like quintessential summerwear - so easy and effortless. It is making me nostalgic for summer already, even though it's still technically summer!