Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Blue (1997-2012)



It's been a while. I haven't really felt like blogging because there has been so much going on - almost to the point where life has felt a little overwhelming. The move, the house renovation, being apart from Chris and the kitties... as if that wasn't enough, we had to make a tough decision regarding our oldest cat, Blue. Blue was diagnosed with a thyroid problem earlier this year, but medication was available and she was doing fine. Soon after I had left the United States Blue started showing all sorts of strange symptoms. Tests revealed that her kidneys were failing. There were also signs that suggested that she might have suffered from intestinal cancer. We could have tried a myriad of treatments and maybe given her a few months to live, but considering Blue's age and our overall situation, the vet advised us to let her go. This past Saturday Blue left for her final journey.

Chris tells me that the other cats in the house have been looking for Blue. Not Masa and Illusia though - they have arrived in Finland safely, after a rough day in the cargo. Chris will join us in about two weeks, with Audrey, Lyric and Willow in tow.

10 comments:

Teeny said...

Sorry to hear that Waves :( I hope you are doing okay. xo

Hippocampe said...

Sad news. You're going through a lot of changes, I admire your courage. Take care.

Quinn said...

Sorry to hear about Blue. That's a lot to manage right now.

coffeeaddict said...

So sorry for your loss.

Robin said...

R.I.P. sweet Blue. What a tough thing to deal with amidst all your life upheaval. For your sake I am looking forward to the rest of your family arriving so you can all be together again and you can form a new routine. Hugs to you.

Terri said...

We put our cat down this week as well...and just as you say, it has left a huge painful void. Today, I found myself thinking of him and wondering where his "next life" would be.

Northmoon said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. They leave a void when they go.

I am glad to hear that you are going to be bringing the rest of your cat family with you. Good for you. I volunteer for a cat rescue group and know first hand that sadly there are many who wouldn't bother.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, sweet creature she was. :( Happy journeys, Blue. We think she would have loved Finland, and Waves was so looking forward to her Mom meeting Blue...most likely would have been a match made in Heaven. But we will remember and reference her name, and character, and sweetness frequently, that's a promise. Very nice post, and lovely photo hon, oxox, CR

Milla said...

Sorry dear, good travels to Blue and good thoughts to you.

IrishRedRose said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Blue. I've said goodbye to many kitties by now and it never gets easier. There is no good time for such heartbreak, but I'm especially sorry you are not in a settled place to help you cope. Take care, and my kitties and I send you lots of hugs for yourself and your other furry friends (they are so beautiful! mrowwww purrrr!)