Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Current surroundings, and new hair


Greetings from an old summer cottage! First things first: thank you all so very much for your kind words regarding Blue's passing. I miss her horribly, and will miss her for a long, long time. I know that letting her go was the right thing to do, but man... losing a pet is difficult.

A few days after Blue was put to sleep, Masa and Illusia joined me in Finland. They traveled as cargo, and as you might imagine, the trip was pretty stressful for the two kitties. But they got here safely, which is all that matters, and they seem pretty happy with their current surroundings. We are staying at this little summer cottage while our new house is being worked on - the renovation is coming along slowly, and who knows when we will be able to move in! The cottage is located right next door to my mom's house, and we are staying here because my stepfather is allergic to cats, and obviously Masa and Illusia can't stay at the main house. It's nice to have a mini-house of our own here, but the cottage has no running water. No bathroom, either. It's almost like camping, really. Luckily my mom's house is a hop and a skip away, across the yard. Here's what the cottage looks like inside:




And here's a familiar face: Illusia seems pretty happy to be back in Finland. Masa is still feeling timid, but he's coming around, slowly and surely.


Here's my new haircut. I decided to go shorter again. I think it fits my personality better somehow.


Blogging is going to continue to be a little sporadic, but I guess you are all used to that by now! Who knows if I ever get to a normal posting-routine..!

4 comments:

Hippocampe said...

You look good with short hair, because your neck is graceful.

Franca said...

I'm sorry to hear about Blue! I love hearing about how you're settling in in Finland. Glad the cats are too.

Carolyn said...

Oh, I've been away; so I am so sorry to hear you have lost Blue... Our pets are indeed important little souls in our lives. I am glad you are settling in, and your new hairstyle is so elegant.

Milla said...

Cute hair and these pictures are a little bit of a balm to my Finn longings. Actually fall out here is the most similar of season to Finland. I even got to see a little bit of Ruska on our travels. Hope you're well, cats, husband and all.