Thursday, 18 April 2013

Stripes and red


What a gray day it is here. Rain, rain, rain, all day... and that results in bad light, which in turn makes my photos all grainy. Ugh! I'm including the pictures anyway, because I felt really happy wearing this outfit today. That doesn't happen every day, even though it should!


I'm wearing all second hand, except for the socks. Pretty much everything in the outfit was thrifted recently. Chris and I had to wait for hours for Willow to be able to leave the vet's office on Tuesday, so we killed time and stopped by at some flea markets in Seinäjoki, the biggest town in our area. Overall the prices were pretty high and the clothes weren't all that great, but I grabbed a few things on the cheap. The cotton sweater was 1.50€, the red trousers cost 4.50€ and the brogues 2€. Now I have to think of three pieces of clothing to let go of. Shouldn't be too tricky, and now that I think about it, I might have to start posting about that process in detail. It's interesting, really, to compare one item to another, to weigh the options, and then make the decision: what to keep, what to recycle. I think it might make an interesting read.  


Hmm, looking at the photo above, I think the brogues might need some TLC.

5 comments:

Robin said...

I love "keepin' it real" with some grainy photos. I also love the polka dot socks peeking out above the brogues.

Jessie said...

Gorgeous shoes, a great outfit, and yes - a post or series of posts about your getting-rid-of-things process sounds like fascinating reading. Maybe it will even help me somewhat. I find it so hard to get rid of things, largely I think because I choose only based on what I like, and I seem to find I have good taste, so almost everything I have is lovely, an therefore hard to get rid of. Butihave a feeling you might be quite good at parting even from special items, so I'd love to read more of your thoughts.

Milla said...

I'm so happy Willow is okay! Cat drama is the worst, 'cos you can't explain to them what's going on. You look adorable. So happy and comfortable and radiant! I love outfits where one feels like oneself, it's like having personal magic.

anne b. said...

feeling well-dressed is such a great feeling... it is a little bit like magic. some outfits seem to generate that feeling, some don't - and it's hard to tell why sometimes. anyway! dig the stripes. and a post about the elimination process would be a great read, I think.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear more about your process. I'm stuck in a rut where I feel the urge to spring-clean but I also have this niggling hoarder voice in the back of my head telling me not to let go of anything yet.