Saturday, 4 May 2013

My Marimekko trench coat


I've been waiting for months to wear this Marimekko trench coat. I bought it just before Christmas at my sister's second hand store. I often hesitate to buy clothes that aren't immediately wearable due to seasonal issues, but as soon as I saw this coat, I knew that it would be a keeper, no matter how much snow there was on the ground. I've never thought of myself as a trench coat person (if there is such a thing), but I guess it's just a matter of finding the right one! 


3 comments:

Hippocampe said...

Hi, Faye Dunaway (must be the 70's eyeglasses combined with that knitcap and trench, I had a look at you and thought "Faye Dunaway").
I often do this : buying not immediately weareable clothes. I'm bad at planning, I do better if I buy at the end of the season, when I know what I've enjoyed wearing and what was practical the season just past, I also cull at the end of the season. So, what I bought stay untouched for six months and what I culled stay under wraps for six months before consignment. If I buy clothes ahead of the season, more often than not I make the wrong assumptions about what the temperature will feel like and what I will want to wear.

Dauphine said...

You really have an eye for mixing shapes, patterns and colors in such an unpretentious way. I once made a drawing inspired by one of your outfit (http://dauphineraisin.com/?page_id=38) but this one might be ever better. The landscape is stunning!

Franca said...

love it!